FIRST AID AT WORK TRAINING
Learn how to carry out appropriate first aid in an emergency situation, until the emergency services arrive if required
FIRST AID AT WORK TRAINING – COURSE OVERVIEW
Following the course the attendees will be able to manage a casualty who is injured at work, or suffers from a serious illness, until the emergency services arrive. This course is also the minimum acceptable by the HSE for first aiders in smaller or low risk workplaces.
FIRST AID AT WORK TRAINING – COURSE DURATION
The First Aid at Work course is run over 6 hours. This can either be a full day onsite training course or it can be a blended course where the participants will learn the theoretical side of Emergency First Aid online, via our online learning portal, prior to a three hour practical event in your setting. This course can be run as a morning, afternoon or twilight session.
If you require a different delivery arrangement, please contact us to discuss this further.
FIRST AID AT WORK TRAINING – COURSE BENEFITS
By the end of the training course, participants will be better prepared and able to -
- Have a comprehensive set of practical skills needed by first aiders in most work situations.
- Have the ability and knowledge to deal with first aid emergency until the emergency services arrive.
- All successful attendees will be awarded a certificate approved by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE).
- This certificate is valid for three years.
FIRST AID AT WORK TRAINING - CONTENT
This course is subject to ongoing assessment by the instructor throughout the course. There is no final assessment. The instructor observes attendees practice sessions as the training progresses to ensure the required level of understanding.
It includes –
- Aims of First Aid
- Dealing with an Emergency
- Priorities of Treatment
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation – Adult
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (cont’d) – Adult, Child & Baby
- Recognition and Treatment of Regurgitation.
- Use of Face Shields
- Choking Adult, Child & Baby
- Unconscious Patient – Including Recovery Position and
- Bleeding / Shock
- Use of Epi-Pens & asthma inhalers
- Wounds/ Bleeding
- Burns / Scalds
- Recording Incidents
DISCOVERY CALL WITH TOM
Find out everything you need to know in less than 10 minutes
This course will outline a simple, logical and legally robust framework in managing disruptive behaviour.
100% No Obligation Call!
First Aid at Work
Updated on 2019-07-11T11:16:37+00:00, by .