LONE WORKER SAFETY TRAINING
Learn how to stay safe with a comprehensive and effective range of strategies to manage any lone working situation.
LONE WORKER SAFETY TRAINING – COURSE OVERVIEW
Lone Workers can be remote staff, home visitors, nurses, estate agents, security guards, government staff or many other professions. This course provides your staff with a robust framework to keep safe and manage problem situations. Engaging and informative, this course is about keeping safe when out and about or working alone.
LONE WORKER SAFETY TRAINING – COURSE DURATION
The Lone Worker Safety Training course is run over a full day.
If you require a different delivery arrangement, please contact us to discuss this further.
LONE WORKER SAFETY TRAINING – COURSE BENEFITS
By the end of the training course, participants will be better prepared and able to –
- Understand risks associated with their specific lone working role.
- Confidently risk assess lone working situations.
- Understand and use safety protocols when it comes to managing different lone working situations.
- Understand the impact of their body language, words and phrases when managing conflict.
- Carry out practical techniques to manage aggressive situations.
- Have a comprehensive understand of the legal aspects when lone working.
- Report incidents and near misses in an effective and professional manner.
LONE WORKER SAFETY TRAINING – CONTENT
The Lone Worker Safety Training content is tailored to your organisation and we will discuss your requirement with you prior to the training event.
It includes –
What is Lone Working?
- Lone working risk categories
- Legal aspects of this type of work
- What are the stages of conflict escalation?
- How can we compromise our own safety?
- What are the warning signs and symptoms?
- How do you undertake a Personal Safety Risk Assessments?
Safety Protocols for Lone Workers
- Common sense protocols for managing different lone working situations
- Visiting homes and premises
- Working in reception and public areas
- Working in remote places
- Working out of hours
- When out and about
- Staying away from home
- Using public transport
- Reviewing contact ability and traceability
Responding to Conflict
- Coping with our natural response to conflict.
- What are ‘red rag’ words and phrases?
- Methods to staying calm and in control in these situations
- Signalling non-aggression through body language
How to manage aggressive situations
- How to structure and control the conversation
- Listening and calming the situation
- Managing unpredictability (drugs, alcohol, mental illness, etc.)
- Methods to handling abusive behaviour
Policies and Procedures
- Reporting incidents and near misses
- Review of practical policies and procedures
We can tailor this day to meet your staff needs for maximum reliance.
Prices start only for £59 per person.
DISCOVERY CALL WITH TOM
Find out everything you need to know in less than 10 minutes
This course will outline a simple, logical and legally robust framework in managing disruptive behaviour.
100% No Obligation Call!
Lone Worker Safety
Updated on 2019-07-11T10:33:23+00:00, by .