PHYSICAL INTERVENTION TRAINING
Learn how to stay safe with an understanding of different types of physical intervention as well as a comprehensive knowledge of the laws and risk factors involved.
PHYSICAL INTERVENTION TRAINING – COURSE OVERVIEW
There may be occasions in the public and private health sectors, education, social care or security settings when it is lawful and necessary for staff to use physical intervention skills (escorting, holding or a more restrictive hold on another person) to protect themselves and others from imminent danger. Physical intervention does however carries risk of injury to staff and the individuals they are dealing with. It therefore important to remember that physical intervention should therefore be a last resort when other responses have failed, or are likely to fail. We only teach systems of physical intervention that are legally compliant with the latest legislation including sector specific guidelines, e.g. education, health, care of the elderly, vulnerable adults or children, to ensure your staff can provide the highest of standards and a duty of care.
PHYSICAL INTERVENTION TRAINING – COURSE DURATION
The Physical Intervention Training course is run over a full day.
If you require a different delivery arrangement, please contact us to discuss this further.
PHYSICAL INTERVENTION TRAINING – COURSE BENEFITS
By the end of the training course, participants will be better prepared and able to -
- Understand techniques as to how to safely hold people at risk of harming themselves or others.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the laws and regulations involved.
- Carry out practical techniques to manage situations.
- Report incidents and near misses in an effective and professional manner.
PHYSICAL INTERVENTION TRAINING - CONTENT
The Physical Intervention Training content is tailored to your organisation and we will discuss your requirement with you prior to the training event.
It includes –
- The use of force.
- The Legal aspects - Health and Safety at Work Act, The Human Rights Act.
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations.
- Clarification of techniques that should not be used following any relevant guidance.
- Avoiding and detection of positional asphyxia.
- Reducing the need for restrictive interventions (where applicable).
- Understanding conflict management techniques.
- Instruction and practice of breakaway and self-defence techniques.
- Instruction and practice of low risk physical intervention techniques.
- Understanding how to carry out post incident debriefing.
- Understanding the necessary policy frameworks and the importance of record keeping.
Prices start only for £59 per person.
DISCOVERY CALL WITH TOM
Find out everything you need to know in less than 10 minutes
This course will outline a simple, logical and legally robust framework in managing disruptive behaviour.
100% No Obligation Call!
Physical Intervention Training
Updated on 2019-07-11T10:22:07+00:00, by .