POSITIVE HANDLING TRAINING
Learn how to stay safe with the correct training and have the confidence with dealing with challenging third parties.
POSITIVE HANDLING TRAINING – COURSE OVERVIEW
This course will provide responsive and reliable face to face training, protecting your employees and team members. This training includes the latest research and approaches from across the UK and USA. The training focuses on non-escalation, de-escalation, restorative practices, legal and ethical uses of reasonable force and low risk effective holding skills.
POSITIVE HANDLING TRAINING – COURSE DURATION
The Positive Handling course is run over 6 hours. This can either be a full day onsite training course or it can be a blended course where the participants will learn the theoretical side of Positive Handling online, via our online learning portal, prior to a three hour practical event in your setting.
This course can be run as a morning, afternoon or twilight session.
If you require a different delivery arrangement, please contact us to discuss this further.
POSITIVE HANDLING TRAINING – COURSE BENEFITS
By the end of the training course, participants will be better prepared and able to -
- Understand and use appropriate protocols when it comes to managing difficult situations.
- Have an understanding of tips and tools to help de-escalate volatile situations.
- Know how to present robust due diligence evidence for Inspections.
- Carry out practical techniques to manage aggressive situations.
- Have a comprehensive understand of the legal aspects.
- Report incidents and near misses in an effective and professional manner.
POSITIVE HANDLING TRAINING - CONTENT
The Positive Handling Training content is tailored to your organisation and we will discuss your requirement with you prior to the training event.
It includes –
- The Aggression Curve
- The SCARF Model
- DFES Guidance
- Use of Reasonable Force and the Duty of Care
- The Health 7 Safety at Work Act in Relation to Physical Intervention
- Human Rights
- De-Escalation Script – Practical
- Practical Session Including Prompts & Escorting
- Non Restrictive Holds
- Restrictive Holds
- Positional Asphyxiation
- Techniques to be Used
- The Searching Policy
- Personal Safety
DISCOVERY CALL WITH TOM
Find out everything you need to know in less than 10 minutes
This course will outline a simple, logical and legally robust framework in managing disruptive behaviour.
100% No Obligation Call!
Updated on 2019-07-11T11:11:19+00:00, by .